Today, we’re guiding you through everything you need to know about Maryland football betting. We’ll compare the different markets and how to bet on football in Maryland, as well as the top statewide operators. We’ll also share our favorite strategies and tips for wagering on football odds. Finally, stick around to the end to answer FAQs about the topic.
- Best sportsbooks with Maryland football betting 2023
- Bet on football in Maryland
- Best football betting Maryland
- Maryland football betting odds
- Mobile football betting MD
- How to bet on football in Maryland
- FAQs football betting MD
Best sportsbooks with Maryland football betting 2023
Maryland football betting: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus||Bet now Caesars MD promo code|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $100 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers promo code MD|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now DraftKings MD promo|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now Betfred Maryland promo code|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM MD bonus code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel Maryland promo code|
|PointsBet Sportsbook Five Second Chance Bets Up To $100 Each||Bet now PointsBet MD promo|
|Crab Sports Up to $250 in bonus bets||Bet now|
Bet on football in Maryland
Getting started with football betting in MD requires a bit of knowledge about the football betting operators and the markets. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled our complete guide to the top five football betting providers and their highlighted football betting features. We’re also sharing our tips on how to bet on football in Maryland and the wagers specific to the sport.
If you want guidance in choosing a betting site and tips/strategies on how to bet, look no further. We’ll even cover the types of offers you’ll find, such as rewards and offers.
Guide to football betting in Maryland
Our guide is going to teach you how to begin as an amateur sports bettor. But to start succeeding, you need to understand the market by researching football statistics, teams, and players. Football is one of the most difficult sports to bet on. This is mainly because operators notoriously have a lot of juice for football markets.
Therefore, you should stay updated on which operators offer the most competitive odds and useful promos. In addition, you can tap into a variety of opportunities for football betting in Maryland if you know where to look. That’s why we’re highlighting the best places to wager in the state, up next.
Best football betting Maryland
Our pick of the top five football betting Maryland sites includes operators with convenient features and site interfaces. They also each have bonus betting options for both iOS and Android devices. In addition, each Maryland sports betting site has valid rewards you can avail when you join, too.
When you choose a betting provider, you should consider the types of offers, odds, and markets available to you. Football bettors should put particular emphasis on the variety of football betting markets offered.
Our top 5 football betting operator picks in Maryland
- BetMGM Maryland is undoubtedly the king of online sports betting sites. It features amateur and professional football markets, including draft markets. Players can take part in event betting, futures, props, money lines, and much more. There is also a significant insurance bonus bet registration offer and weekly bonus bets to avail.
- PointsBet MD offers unique football betting opportunities, as well. Punters can create customized wagers with exclusive access to PointsBetting (non-fixed odds). You also have access to referral offers, boosted odds, and insurnance bonus bets to avail.
- FanDuel MD is another valid option for football betting, offering odds boosts, promos, and live wagering. Customers can wager on same game parlays, money lines, totals, and spreads for both pro and amateur football games. You even have access to a refer-a-friend offer when you sign up for an account.
- BetRivers Maryland allows football bettors to bet on live markets, as well as big events. There are player parlays, passing props, team props, totals, money lines, and many other markets. The site also makes betting easy with its unique interface and convenient features like the bet slip.
- And finally, we also recommend Caesars Sportsbook Maryland for its football betting markets. This site, previously known as William Hill, offers large wagering, live betting, and plenty of promos. Betting on football is simple, and you can bet on point spreads, totals, money lines, and more.
Maryland football betting odds
One of the most important things you can do before joining a sports betting site is to learn about the odds. First off, you should understand that the sports betting site you choose will be the one to set the odds.
Traditionally, football betting sites have juice, which means that they have an odds advantage over customers (you). You need to know how the bets work and which odds are the most in your favor to overcome that juice. You can shop around at different football betting sites and even join more than one platform. This way, you’ll have the best odds constantly at your fingertips.
Furthermore, you need to understand that there is more to football betting than just picking a winner and waiting. Football betting is vast and complex, and you can wager on everything from the outcome to player milestones and points.
Below, we’ll explain some of the most popular kinds of bets you can place on football games online. Some are more suited to beginners, while others require a detailed knowledge of the odds and football itself.
Football betting Maryland money lines
People commonly think of money lines (game lines) when they imagine online sports betting. Lines are straight wagers where you bet on the football team that you think will win the game. Then, the sports operator sets an odds line, and you bet on the underdog (+) or favorite (-).
You have better odds and a lower potential payout when you bet on the favorite. The situation is vice versa when it comes to betting on the underdog.
Money lines are popular because you just have to correctly pick a winner. However, this can get tricky in reality when you realize that football bets require deep statistical knowledge to win at MD sportsbooks.
Totals are wagers on the total combined points of both football teams. In MD football betting, these might also be called “over/under” bets.
What’s nice about this bet is that you don’t actually need to predict which team will win the game. Instead, you just guess whether the actual total will fall over or under the predicted total (as the name suggests). You’ll sometimes find totals markets for football game halves and quarters, as well.
Point spreads in football
Point spreads are a bit tougher than money lines since you need to predict the outcome and the points. The first step is to choose either the favorite or underdog team to win the game. In order for your bet to win, your team has to cover the point spread.
If you bet on the underdog, they need to either win outright or not lose by more than the spread. If you bet on the favorite, they need to both win and cover the point spread.
Futures betting is when you place a wager far in advance of the final game of a long-running championship. Futures could be placed on football playoffs or championships, for example. In addition, you can place futures on championship winners, award winners, division winners, conference winners, and more.
Parlays in football
Parlays are incredibly popular in online sports betting. But as hard as it is to win football bets, you shouldn’t start with parlays as a beginner. Instead, parlays combine multiple bets (legs) onto a single wager. The result is a high-stakes bet that gives you a chance to win bigger payouts.
The catch is that all of your bets have to win in order for the parlay to win. So, essentially, the bigger the parlay, the lower your odds are of winning the bet.
Props are bets regarding things that occur during football games, such as player or team milestones. They don’t require you to pick a winning team like a money line bet would. Because there is such a huge variety of props in football betting MD, they are incredibly popular among sports bettors.
A lot of props are set up as yes/no bets, while others are in the over/under format. Some examples of football proposition bets (specials) include:
- Head-to-head props (ex.: which player, out of a choice of two, will get more receptions during the game?)
- Will the game result in overtime?
- Will the game result in double overtime?
- Will there be a 3-point field goal scored in the first quarter?
- Which team will be leading in points at halftime?
Live football betting Maryland
Live betting is the final popular wagering style we want to cover. Live betting is exactly what it sounds like – placing bets after the game has started. Some bettors believe that live wagers give you an advantage due to having the most current knowledge. For example, live Maryland Super Bowl betting gives you access to up-to-date odds, player prop opportunities, and more.
Mobile football betting MD
One online sports betting feature that stands out today is the mobile betting experience. Nowadays, customers can download iOS and Android apps for their betting accounts for free. This means that you can register, use bonuses, opt into promos, and wager, all at your fingertips.
This means that you can even go to a sports bar and watch the game while you bet. You don’t have to be at your laptop or signed into a home computer. Instead, you can watch events in real-time and reserve your mobile screen for betting.
Special features of football betting apps in MD
Some of the most convenient features offered on Maryland’s football betting platforms include the following:
- Boosted odds
- Live streaming and live game updates
- Live wagering opportunities
- Customized parlay building tools
- Virtual mobile bet slips
- Mobile banking (deposits and withdrawals from your phone)
- Mobile customer support
- Access to welcome prizes and reward offers
- Mobile rewards systems
How to bet on football in Maryland
Knowing how to bet on football games in Maryland is not simple. However, we’ve compiled some of our best tips for football betting in Maryland. Also, how to strategize going into it. Finally, explore our strategies to avoid mistakes and increase your odds as a punter.
Our best football betting tips for Maryland bettors
- Start with easier bets, such as money lines or prop bets (avoid starting with parlays)
- Create a budget before wagering and use the bet slip to manage your bankroll adequately
- Pay attention to injuries incurred by prominent football players, as these could affect their upcoming performance
- Watch a lot of football games, especially those played by the teams you plan to bet on
- Watch out for odds boosts and reduced juice promos so that you can overcome the difficult sports markets in football betting
- Don’t put all of your bankrolls into one basket – find valuable markets that you feel confident betting on
FAQs football betting MD
Can you bet on college football in Maryland?
Yes, depending on the betting app, you can sometimes wager on amatuer games. College football championships are big when it comes to futures betting. It’s more common, though, to place bets on professional football, especially due to the popularity of watching pro football.
What is the biggest football betting mistake in MD?
Betting on football in Maryland is exciting due to the popularity of American football. However, many beginner punters mistake always betting on their favorite team. But really, you should be betting on the team with the best odds of winning and placing valuable bets.
Do I need to be a football expert for football betting Maryland?
No, you don’t need to be an expert to succeed, and being an expert won’t necessarily guarantee that you win. However, football betting is one of the most difficult sports to bet on. So, you should do your research and follow stats updates, making sure to watch games whenever you can.
Can I win real money with football betting in Maryland?
Yes, bettors can win real cash winnings on football betting at online sports betting operators in Maryland. The only time that “money” doesn’t come in the form of cash is when you’re getting site credits. You typically get site credit refunds as a reward or promotional reward for bonus bets.
Who can bet on football in Maryland?
Maryland football betting requires punters to be at least 21 years old to legally wager. You also need to be within state lines and verify your location at the time of wagering. As long as you meet these requirements and make a minimum deposit, you can wager on football.